Thursday, June 3, 2010
Am I Pregnant?
Okay, I'm not pregnant. Just wanted to get your attention!
I know that I lead a blessed, wonderful life. But sometimes a good complaining session does a body good. Okay, it probably doesn't, but I still give in to the urge from time to time. Terrible, annoying habit, I know. Don't worry, I'm working on it. I was detailing my complaints to my ever-patient husband the other day (achy feet, sore back, starving...I know, do I sound like I'm 80 years old or what?) As I realized what I was doing, I stopped and said, "I sound like I am pregnant! Oh, no! Do you think I will be an absolute nightmare to live with when I really am pregnant?"
Jeffrey: "I actually don't think it will be all that different. You already have food cravings all the time, you ask me to rub your feet and your back, and you are kind of emotional. I think it will be pretty much the same."
Darling boy, he said all of this to try and reassure me. Crap! Worst part of it all? I do not have a single defense to this. Let's take this point by point, shall we? (In another life, I would have been a lawyer).
Point A: Constant food cravings.
Totally guilty. Right now, I am seriously craving some fruit pizza with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. No, wait...chips and salsa...no, wait...
Point B: Foot and Back Rubs
How can I help it when we get the NuSkin foot rub for free? It's heavenly! And plus, Jeff is really, really good at massages. I just like to help him develop and practice his talents. Really, this one hardly counts.
Point C: Emotional
Okay, I know Anne Shirley can feel me on this one. Life is just more fun when you feel everything really passionately! Joys, sorrows...Accepted, I'm ridiculously emotional.
The Consensus? My husband is married to a perpetually pregnant wife without the benefit of having a cute baby to show for it every 9 months.
I shared this conversation with my mom. Her response? "Poor guy, he's married to a basket case!"
Now, if only it were a basket case of fruit so that I could make that fruit pizza!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
My heart totally stopped when I read the title to your blog! Ha ha! I love this post. Totally made me laugh. Pregnancy is not as bad as you think it's going to be. The first trimester is hard when you're soooo tired.
Oh whitney!! I found that conversation highly entertaining!! What a good man you have that puts up with you. haha!! You are adorable and I am impressed that he is willing to massage your feet. So cute!!
oh whitney jeff is in for it! i was just like you... perpetually pregnant. and now that i'm actually pregnant it's just all extremely magnified. i am emotional times a million... my mom always tells me to pull myself together for chris's sake. ha, i think she's worried he'll leave me or something! so yeah... just tell jeff to brace himself... you CAN get even more pregnant than you already are!
You are hilarious.
I think JT & I have had a similar conversation. Only not only do I have "cravings" but I also NEED to eat every 4 hours. Or I get very, very grumpy. It's not a pretty color on me.
hahaha i can't imagine you ever being a nightmare to live with! and i must agree with point c, life is so much more fun when you throw your passion and emotion into everything!
Jeff is used to that stuff with 5 older sisters to deal with. He was trained well living in a house full of crazy emotions!
Hasn't anyone told you that you don't have food cravings when you are pregs?? I really didn't want to eat anything for the first 3 months! Then you wont need a massage you will be asleep :) Nobody could be more emotional than me, and my hubby still loves me! Your a gal! We are made emotional!!
Post a Comment