Friday, June 11, 2010

Relief Society Service Project


I am in charge of coming up with a Relief Society service project for this summer. I am in desperate need of some good ideas. If your current or past Relief Societies have done anything great, or if you just happen to know of some awesome projects...please share!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Check out the giving section of "This Mama Makes Stuff":

http://thismamamakesstuff.com/category/giving/

She gives a lot of great ideas!

Michelle said...

We just had a service project in our Ward. One thing they did was tie quilts for the humanitarian center. Then they called the food bank. The food bank said the people who come to get food really like the big brown boxes that the food is in, decorated. So they invited the Senior Primary and Young Women's (to come with their Mom's as a Mother/Daughter activity) and decorate boxes to the food bank- and bring food, of course. Then they also did bereavement boxes for the hospital. Have you heard of those? They're boxes they give the mothers when they lose a new baby. They put things in it for the Mom's to remember their baby - their first gown, a blanket, etc. I don't know the details, but I bet you could call the hospital for the specifics. Our Ward asked everyone who wanted to do that project to get their own box. In fact, I might have the email still. I'll send it to you.