Monday, April 2, 2012

Girls' Trip!

Earlier this month I took a girls' trip to St. George and Vegas with all of my sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law.  Can I just say that I sure married well??  I love being able to finally have sisters and go on trips like these!  Jeff's parents spoiled us all weekend and all the husbands took off work to stay home and take care of the kiddos.  It was my first time leaving Max and Jeff did an amazing job!  Thanks, cute boy!

On Friday we met at Jeff's parents' house so that we could enjoy his dad's famous omelets before we began our trip.  Christy had flown out ahead of time so that she could enjoy the road trip there and back with us.


We were laughing and having fun before we even left!

The ride down was so fun and we loved just being able to chat!  First night there we did some shopping, went out to dinner, and then stayed up late watching TV and talking.  It was so nice to sleep in the next morning and have it be so quiet!  We were treated to french toast for breakfast, thanks to Jennifer.

My Dad had gotten us some great tickets to the Donny and Marie show (some of my sisters-in-law are huge Donny fans), so we headed into Vegas to see some of the sights before the show.






 I was surprised by how much I really enjoyed the Donny and Marie show.  I knew almost every song and it was really fun and entertaining.  It seemed that it was over far too quickly Marie's voice was a lot more versatile than I'd known and Donny was pretty endearing, too.  I LOVED their Broadway medley.  We were supposed to have a meet-and-greet with them after the show, but Donny had been sick and Marie had a large purple welt where she had accidentally been hit in the face with a guitar during the show, so it was cancelled.  We understood, but were sad to have missed them so we decided to have our own "meet-and-greet."




A huge thank-you to my in-laws, Dad, and to Jeff for making this fun weekend possible.  Some time with the girls was just what I needed!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

How fuuun!!! Isn't it awesome/weird to sleep in and not have a child on your hip?

P.S. You wear the cutest outfits too!

Lizzie said...

I secretly kind of love donny osmond. ha!

Taiya Brown said...

How fun!! Girls trips are the best. I just did the same thing with my sisters:)

Christy said...

That was so fun! I'm ready for another one already.